I want to do a xmas/year summary letter for 2009, but I am not in the right mood right now. However, I do want to thank EVERYONE who is kind enough to take the time to send us an xmas picture/card/letter EVERY year! I despise doing that sort of thing and so I just don't (why do it if you hate it?)--but I love getting them. I save them in a basket and read the letters again and again and look at the pictures again and again. So, thanks. To ALL of you who write my address on an envelope year after year and get nothing in return, thanks--you know who you are. :)
We had such a full day today. Caleb had his first dentist appointment, and he was so brave. I'd talked about it for months, how they were going to brush and count his teeth and polish them and spray them off with a teeny hose, and of course, take few xrays, and he was so poised and calm. I was so proud of him. (The light on his face makes him look like curious George, one of his favorite cartoons right now.)
After naptime, we went outside today. It was about 34, and it felt like SPRING! So we ran up and down our street for a few minutes. Matthew was trying desperately to tell me something--I think he thought he had a bike in the van--he kept going up the driveway and kept trying to open the van doors... Precious boy. I didn't know what he wanted, so I tried to convince him to run with me. He's got an accidental tail with his scarf.. He saw me putting on my scarf, and wanted to put one on himself, so he did, and he's got the world's cutest tail. :)
Great big boys, running and riding bikes in the dead of winter... only their mama would force them outside to do that! :) Actually, when I suggested it, Caleb was game, and Maff is up for any sort of adventure too--so it was fun! We only spent about 8 minutes outside (even though it was 34); after the sun went down, it got cold fast. :)
And here's their mama. :)
As usual, when I'm thinking about writing a blog, I have all sorts of stories in my head, but when I actually do sit down to write an entry, everything dissapates like something in the wind (isn't that an old Paula Abdul song? I'm not really a PA fan, and I'm not really an American Idol fan, but man, I'm glad she's gone from. On the occasion that I'd watch it, she just annoyed me.. Anyhow, I digress.)
A quick story:
We recently went to the Y, so I could do yoga with a friend (much harder than I thought, but way fun!). Calling something by a 'letter' is a new concept for Caleb; I explained to him that basically Y = rec center (a term he's familiar with). We drove past it again today (as in, a few blocks away), and he asked, "Where's the I?"
I thought he was looking at a sign and recognizing letters, which he does all the time now. As we left the vincinity, he kept asking me, "Mom, where did the I go?" I didn't know what he was talking about... until he finally said, "You know, where I went to the nursery? In the I?" (as if to say, "Mom, silly! How could you forget? We went to the I!!" :) (I'd forgotten, but he gets the letters Y and I mixed up..). :)
Caleb, overall, is turning into a sweet, kind hearted little man. He's such a good help, and sometimes, after naptime, I'll hear him go into Matthew's room (where Maff is still waking up in his crib) and he'll pat Matthew's head through the crib slats. Then he'll run out and tell me, "Mom, I was just sayin, 'It's alwight. Cawub's wight here.' to Maff." in his high pitched baby voice. He's a wiry little boy who loves to be tickled. He loves to read. Some of his favorites are George and Martha (the lovable hippos!), Curious George, and a new one: anything related to Cars (the movie). While Caleb's learning obedience, tonight, we had to run an errand to FedEx--and it took much longer than I thought (and who knew FedEx could get crowded at 7:30pm!!!). However, tonight, Caleb was helpful, obedient and cheerful. I was so proud of him I almost cried tears of joy in the car.
Matthew is a daredevil, and we love every bit of this funny little boy. He's stocky and sturdy and silly. He's saying words like "Daeeeee!" (daddy), "Mine!" or a favorite: he'll pucker up his lips and say, "NNNNoooooo" in a really nasally voice. (That's what he uses to flirt with all the hot mamas he meets--just keep saying "no," bud. That's fine with me.) He says "Nigh night" or "Wovuu!" (I love you!) or now, recently, "Dates" (thanks). When we sit at the table for a meal, he will be the first to prompt us: "Ray!" and he'll hold out his chubby hands for the rest of us to follow suit and pray.
However, tonight, at said FedEx expedition, Caleb was meandering around the card aisles with his favorite truck, waiting very patiently for me, saying, "I'll pick out a book (card) for ya, Mom" and he'd pick out a card for me to read then put it back. Matthew? He was strapped in a 5 point harness in his stroller. He's walking just fine, but he gets into everything and is hard to carry and contain for long periods of time. :) Was he happy about that? No, and by the end of our loooonnnggg FedEx visit, he let everyone know (in between flirting with the cute lady behind us in line by pointing his finger at her and saying, "NNNNNNoooooo!"). :)
And, my friends, that's it for now. See you in March. :) (I seem to be on an every other month rhythm here..)
5 comments:
Cute pics and great stories. Thanks for your honesty about doing CHRISTmas cards. I love it and you! Maybe one of these yrs huh? I will forever send one your way though! Miss ya
Thanks for the update! :) I always enjoy reading about your goings on!! :) Love you! Ang
Ha ha, Lish.. You caught that I call them "xmas cards". :) I'm such a scrooge. :)
love love love the blog.
Kak! I love your blog! And I love the title "jumping over sunbeams." I wish I could think of a cool name like that :) I love hearing your stories and keeping up with your life! xo Anna
annagracehaas.blogspot.com
Post a Comment