So this month has been really busy. Here are a few random happenings that have shaped our lives: (Psst: No pics on this post. Just FYI).
1) My brother, Danny, got into a bad ATV accident on my birthday. Thank Jesus, he's alive, and did not break his neck, and now he's home from the hospital, but he's still definitely recovering. Matthew and I made a trip out to PA last week to visit/help/show support/hug/hang out, and I'm glad we went. It was just good to see Danny. ALIVE. (and good to be with his family and kids. He's got a great wife--who I've known for eleven years!--and some great kids).2) I started school for the fall. I'm in a Peds rotation, and I'm doing my clinical hours at an infectious/TB disease clinic at Nationwide Children's Hospital in Columbus (1.5 hr drive each way) 2 days/week. Will be a rough gig (with the drive an all), but we'll get through it.
- 2) A. For the next 9 months, John is doing, as part of his ELCA ordination requirements, a hospital chaplaincy program at Kettering Hospital, where I work. At first, because I'm so competitive, I thought that we'd be 'overlapping' too much--you know, like this is "my turf!". But, I think it's going to be fun. We're going to have a lot more in common now, I think. He already knows the hospital as well as I do (he's been there a total of 8 days, I've been there over 2 yrs, but hey. He's Mr. Rand McNally), and today, on my lunch break, I went up to Pastoral Services and found John doing his own clinicals. Super fun! He walked with me while I got my lunch. It was fun to be with him in a public place, both of us in our professional attire, and talk and let him in on my stories, my work, people that I know, etc. He will be having to spend nights there as part of his clinical requirements, and I'm not looking forward to that, but, like I said, we'll get through it.
3) We are just coming off not have power for TEN DAYS. That was rough. We are so thankful, though, for our friends (Todd and Shelley, Tim and "Yorrie" and Paula and Brian, and we borrowed Becky's insulated cooler... Thanks, guys!). I had to actually turn people's offers to use their house/laundry/power away because we were so well supported. (Btw, the first few days were sort of fun--but then, by day TEN, esp. when, during repair, they hit a water main and knocked out our water--that's when I was just a little frustrated.). :) But all is well now. :)
4) Caleb is loving preschool. He gets to see "Emmeeeee!" (Emily), his teacher, and Rachel, one of his buddies. I went to pick up Caleb last week, and he and Rachel held hands, walking down the hallway, each with their backpack on, hand in hand. So stinkin' adorable.
5) Matthew is the funnest baby EVER. He is so squeezable, and chubby, and has 2 teeth. He giggles, sleeps 12 hrs a night, babbles, and overall, is the biggest blessing EVER. :) Whew! This stage is so fun. His knees are reddened and tough because he's doing the army crawl now. Man, this kid gets around. The other day, I put him in the middle of the living room with toys around him, and before I knew it, he was crawling into the bathroom! Crazy cat! :)
I think that's it for now. Blessings to all of you who read this... love kak
3 comments:
TEN DAYS!!!!
I can't believe you didn't lose your mind. Or did you? :)
I went out to visit my brother in PA (and took the baby with me), and John and Caleb were either at work or in day care (both of which had power). At night, John said he'd pretty much go to bed when Caleb did because reading by candlelight gave him a headache.. :) I lost my mind on the last day when they shut our water off... I couldn't even make Matthew a bottle on the grill anymore. That's when I just about lost it. :)
So good to see and hear all about you and your little ones! Blessings!
Post a Comment