Friday, October 17, 2008

Funny Caleb-isms

So, since John and I are both in the hospital setting now, we are either hearing or asking pts what their pain rating is on a scale of 1-10, 1 being the no pain, and 10 being the worst pain in your life.. blah blah blah.

Well, tonight, we were putting Caleb to bed, and we gave him a spoonful of thickened honey for his cough. A few minutes later, after prayers, we asked him, as a joke, what he would rate his pain at, and I counted for him, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10, thinking that he would hear the numbers and pick one (because he does count randomly throughout the day now).

Well, his response was priceless:

His reply? With a big smile, he said, "Double-u" (as in "w").

Shocked, John and I laughed and laughed. What a great way to end a rough day with a toddler. :)

And, the other day, he was showing me pictures of his classmates from preschool--and he knows all their names. Well, he got to his picture, and I asked him what his name was, and he replied: "Buddy".

And, I realized, that's what I call him! How precious!

2 comments:

Jenika said...

I LOVE it! Funny how those little ones think...and thinking they do! :) Make sure you write that down where Caleb can see it as an adult! Precious memories. Cade loves it even now when I tell him of something he said/did when he was "little."

Miriam said...

that's so cute, Kak. His vocab is really taking off!