A few things:
First, Caleb likes to go by "Brian" these days. Brian is the dad of the family with whom he stays during the day.. Often he'll say, "No Buddy, my Brian." (see the last post re: Buddy).
Second, today, he took my school bag, put it over his shoulder and said, "I do to wort." (He still can't say "k" yet; but he said, "I go to work".) He pushed his shopping cart around, with my satchel over his shoulder. Very cute. Then he got sidetracked by my flashcards. :)
Today, I had the boys and I wanted to get outside, so we went to a small town, known for its train and fun train rides. We've taken a train ride before, but I knew we couldn't do it again today (pretty expensive; plus once we got there, they were all sold out). Well, Caleb was a trooper. He was content to sit on the curb and watch the train come in and watch all the people get off, and he was content to watch all the new people get back on and watch the train leave again. Once I explained to him that we weren't going to be getting on the train, he seemed fine. I consoled him by going to a chocolate shop and getting some small pieces of chocolate (in the shape of a train, of course) and he ate that, as happy as a clam. With each different bite, he'd tell me, "Bye bye wheels!" or "Bye bye moo feet!" (I got him a cow, too).
We drove home, past the doctor's office (my dermatologist) and it didn't even register which building we were passing. Caleb said, "Dotor, us?" It took me a second to realize that he was saying, "Doctor, us?" He meant, "Are we going to the doctor?" He hasn't been there since July and still, recognized the building. This kid is sharp.
That's all for now. Our camera is on the fritz so pictures are few and far between.
1 comment:
That's hilarious that Caleb likes to go by Brian.
Post a Comment