Monday, February 23, 2009

More Maffoo-D and Caleb-isms

Matthew (aka "Maffoo-D") is a precious little guy. He's been fighting a cold recently, but is now completely pulling himself up and walking along furniture. He's a super fast crawler, too, and gets into everything. He's a tough little cookie; he's constantly bonking his head and just getting up and keeping going. He's such a precious little chunky fellow. He plays so well by himself, and loves to clap, wave, and play the "rums" (drums; much to caleb's chagrin).

He has a bird that he loves to sleep with. If it's naptime/bedtime, we give him this cute little stuffed bird, and he finds the tag, and sleeps with the bird. Very cute. I'm glad he's got the bird.
_________________________________
A few things I heard myself saying today (mostly related to water!):
1) Don't drink and sing at the same time.
2) Those aren't fish in your water.
3) Caleb: "Look! I have ice in my water!" Me: "Please don't dip your crackers in your water."

Explanation:
1) Caleb loves to sing, and was trying valiantly to sing along with me and drink his water at the same time.
2) I put a shot of lemon juice in his water, and he stirred it around with his finger and saw the pulp floating around, and said, "Are those fish?"
3) No explanation needed.
_______________________
Today I asked Caleb what his favorite thing to do at preschool is, and without a pause, he yelled, "PAINT!"
__________________________
The other day, I was trying to stuff the double jogger in the back of the van, and couldn't quite figure it all out.

Caleb overheard me, and said, "Mommy, what's the matter?" I said, "Oh, nothin..."

He was insistent and said, "Yes, mommy, you do have a matter!" Cute. :)

________________________
The other day, Caleb asked John for something. He called John "mommy" by accident. John said, "Caleb, who am I?" Caleb thought for a second and said, "OTHER mommy!" :)

____________________________
The other day, I was crying in the van, and Caleb said, "Mommy... whatsa matter? Do you need to blow your nose with kweenex when we get home?" :) Precious boy.
___________________________

And I think that's all.

Caleb has been learning about where he came from.. He still gets a little confused about where he was born. He knows that he lived in my tummy for a while (and he was very very tiny! complete with fingers pinched and high pitched voice!). Fun. :) He also knows the state he was born in is "Tabifornia" (aka California).

Fun times. Fun kids.

1 comment:

Elisha and Scott said...

Those are too cute. I love isms of children. There is a reason we are told to be meek and humble like a child. LOVE IT! LOVE YOU!