1) Caleb has learned how to contradict, except he doesn't do it quite right. If we say, "Yes, you will drink your milk" he says, "Yes I won't!" It's just funny; he's being so adament--and oh, so wrong, in so many ways. :)
2) The other day, all by himself, Caleb said, this:
"Mommy, I'm so proud of you." He often says that... and we're thankful. But this time, I asked him why.
"Why, bud?"
"Betause! Of your school! And your wininals!" (school and clinicals.. I teared up. I had no idea that he even really knew about my school...)
3) Last Thursday, Caleb had "Mom's night at preschool". This is what he wrote about me (via his teacher):
- My mom's name is "Katharine Scheusner" (except knowing him, it was more like 'Taffin Toosner').
- My mom is "20" years old.
- My mom likes to "pick me up."
- My mom's favorite food is "pizza."
- My mom's favorite sport is "running."
- I love it when my mom "eats bubbles." (I think he means "blows bubbles"!)
- My mom is "great."
- My mom is "good at being my buddy."
- My mom is great because "she is so nice to me."
- My mom can do many things! She's best at "being with me."
These still give me a lump in my throat when I read them! :)
For preschool night, I got to hang out with Caleb in his room.. I got to hold him on my lap as he and his classmates sang the "ABC's" that they've been singing all year... I got to plant a marigold with him, and have punch and cookies with him on my lap, sitting all scrunched up, in his small chair.
But the BEST part? We were hungry afterwards (granted, this all took place around the dinner hour) and I called John; he and Matthew had already eaten, so Caleb and I went to McD's. He got his usual: a burger with apples, and I got my usual: their southwestern salad. We ate outside, just he and I. And nearby, there was this huge play yard, and boy, after supper, did we ever play. Hard. For like 30 minutes. Just the two of us. We climbed, and we chased each other, and we slid down slides, and we raced each other... and the whole time, my little boy said things like, "Mommy, I just WUV you! This is so fun!"
Talk about a lump in my throat!
2 comments:
That is too skinkin' sweet! I thought you were almost 30....:) hehe. So sweet. Thanks for sharing!
That is PRECIOUS. I love it.
Post a Comment