Ok, so I finally figured out how to add more than just 2 or 3 pics at at time to my blog. Which is good, because I have so many to feature this time! So many fun and new adventures! But, first: This was Caleb's idea. He said, "Mom, let me hold Maff, and you get a picture." So, Maff complied--it was just after nap time, and he was still feeling a bit cuddly. So there you have it--my two precious boys.
This is one of Caleb's favorite activities to do with John. They build these mongo train tracks, and they go all over the living room (or basement). The other night, I got home from work, and the current train track is one long track, using all the pieces, going the whole length of our basement. It's actually amazing what they build! (Of course, it's mostly John building it---and Caleb helping.) And, when Maff wants to join in, he usually sits right on the current creation--to which we've started to holler playfully: "There's a giant on the tracks!" (much less traumatizing that way...). :)
This was after a recent track build. I couldn't resist getting this picture of Maff's belly...just chillin' on his dad's lap with his bird. He loves that bird; to soothe himself, he'll suck his thumb and play with his bird. It's awfully cute.
We got this great bible story book from a family friend, and Caleb has been LOVING it! Each story points to Jesus, and it's actually been good for me to listen to (there are accompanying CD's as well). We read the story (sometimes) and then listen to it again in the car...
Ok, so the other day, it was like SEVENTY DEGREES out (yes! 70!! in NOVEMBER! In Ohio!), so I took the kids to a local park that has ducks and trails and a pond and huge playground equipment. I also took bread with me--each time we go, I always want to feed the ducks--but this time I remembered! This is of Maff, EATING the bread that I gave him, and the ducks are around him, sorta' like "Hey, that crust you're chomping on? That was supposed to be for us!"
So.. John's church is building a second campus. Yesterday was the ground breaking ceremony, and due to Maff's nap, we got there just as they were finishing. Of course. Oh well--the digging equipment was waaaay more fun than anything! It was down, way far away from where the ceremony was taking place. (I couldn't get any pics of Caleb--he wouldn't look at me--but rest assured--Caleb was there, climbing around, too! He was a "digger man" and he was so proud of himself and didn't want to leave!)
Not much explanation needed here, BUT, I need to explain how it got in here. We had it in our garage... and I was fearful that it would be in there all winter, folded up, in a not-so-useful location all winter. Which is NOT what I need--when it's nasty outside, and I can't get out, and I have the boys, I feel trapped even more and HAVE to run. Anyway, the other day, I thought, "move the treadmill yourself!" So, Caleb and I moved it. Yes, I moved a really, really heavy treadmill with the help of my FOUR year old. He helped me by putting wood under it to create a sliding effect--and we tipped it into our breezeway doorway (up a step, of course, which was the hardest part), and then slid it into place.
He was a trooper--but he also kept wanting to measure it--at just the wrong time, of course. I'd rehearse with him what I was going to do, and what I needed him to do (slide small blocks of wood around), and of course, as I'd be lifting it, he'd want to measure it with a yardstick. :) Cute but just a teensy weensy bit annoying... :)
Another pic of Maff in his argyle vest, climbing around on the big diggers at the church build site.
The other day, a few weeks ago now, John and I got away for a WHOLE DAY all by ourselves!! We went hiking in Hocking Hills in southeastern Ohio. We just missed peak leaf season, but that's ok--getting away for 10 hrs together was the best part. :)
And this is the last pic, I promise. It's of me, on my first day of work. My badge says CNP (certified NP: YEAH!). :)
1 comment:
I am so proud of you - being a nurse practitioner and awesome mom and wife! You've worked so hard - congratulations on a beautiful family and the beginning of what will hopefully be a long and satisfying career!
Post a Comment