Sunday, November 23, 2008

shoebox

So, today we did the Operation Christmas Child (the shoebox project through Samaritan's Purse.). It was with great angst that Caleb gave up the shoebox at the designated church, aka "shoebox church".. He really wanted the cars inside.

However, when we were on our way home from church, we saw a desk at the end of someone's driveway--a sturdy Little Tykes kid desk, complete with a lamp, lots and lots of room, nooks and crannies and drawers for different projects, drinks, paper and crayons etc. It also came with its own Caleb-sized chair. It's a perfect gift from God for a little boy who gave over some much wanted boxcars. :) I'll post a pic soon.

Tonight, I was telling him how much I loved him, as John and I were hugging him. I asked him if he knew where he came from. Without missing a beat, he said, "Shoebox!"

John and I laughed and laughed. :)

3 comments:

Elisha and Scott said...

That is too cute. Gotta love kids and their comments. Miss you girl. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving.

Patty said...

Aawww, Katharine, what a wonderful story! Thanks so much for sharing about the generosity of your little guy -- and the reward you and he found.

Miriam said...

Oh how precious! I'm grateful for how God provides for our children too! I'm so excited to get to read your blog. Your boys look so very adorable.:)