1) The other day, Caleb saw a reindeer at the indoor mall that we frequent when the weather is inclement. Upon first pass, when I asked him what it was, he said it was a "Dow, eating supper." (cow, eating supper). Then, when we passed it again, his next response was "A horsey, eating dake." Cute.
2) On the same trip to the mall, we passed a Santa manequin standing in a window. I asked him if he knew who that was, and he said, "YEAH! A MAN!" I asked him if he knew the man's name, and he said, "Yeah! Emmy!" (So, apparently, Emily, his beloved preschool teacher, is an old, white haired, bearded man dressed in red clothes.) :)
3) Matthew turns 1 in a few days, and I can't believe it. This time last year, I was still bemoaning the fact that I was pregnant. We brushed his teeth for the first time tonight (let me rephrase--I brushed his teeth, and Caleb participated by singing the song that we always sing, and Matthew just smiled really, really big like he knew that he was experiencing a rite of passage... What great little people I've been given.). He is scooting everywhere and is now able to pull himself up onto everything within his reach--stable or not. :)
blessings this advent season!
kak
2 comments:
That Caleb and his comments! I love it! Cade has always been the same way too...funny boy. He told me a couple of months ago while eating lima beans at dinner time...."lima beans should be sour-you know, LIME-a-beans." And, he's 5! There is no end to the funnies from the boys. :) Enjoy like I know you do!
what a great observation on Cade's part! :) I love seeing life through their eyes. :)
Post a Comment