Sunday, December 21, 2008

Another story...

So we did something we NEVER do tonight: we went to one of John's rehearsals. He and his band were rehearsing for Christmas Eve, and I stopped by to take him some coffee and he invited us to stay for a few minutes.

John let Caleb sit on the stage with the rest of the band while they warmed up, and continued to let him sit there while they started to sing their first song. I was watching him but also holding Matthew, so I didn't keep that close an eye on him.

Well, the band started playing, and the vocalists started singing. They sounded really, really good (I can't wait for the christmas eve service! All John's hard work, long evenings, and rehearsals will pay off!). I was enjoying the song, holding Matthew, when suddenly, the vocalists stopped singing, and I heard, of all people, CALEB'S VOICE! Someone had given him a microphone, and he was singing over the PA system! The band kept right on playing, while Caleb sang his little heart out (words like, "World, God, Ebbybody, Uh, dee wah!"). It was precious.

It was one of those moments when I WISHED I had a video camera...

1 comment:

Patty said...

Truly music to God's ears!