Sunday, December 21, 2008

Baby girl Jesus, sister Bear, Maffew D, and our christmas tree.


Baby Girl Jesus.
Caleb made a preschool box that had gifts inside that symbolized the Christmas story. There was a baby Jesus wrapped in a blanket, a star, a manger with brown straw, and other things that symbolize the birth of Jesus. Well, Caleb pulled out the baby Jesus, which was a stuffed sock, with its top secured by a rubberband. Then, he flipped the top of the sock up (so it looked like the baby had a ponytail) and said, "Baby Girl Jesus!" So, Baby Girl Jesus it was. We walked around the mall, Caleb pushing his Baby Girl Jesus in his stroller and me pushing my baby boy Matthew. :) It was a fun afternoon.


Our Christmas tree!
There's a story behind this tree (besides the one below). We have gone to the same christmas tree farm every year. It's put on by the PTO from the local Catholic school up the street. This year (like last year), my mom and I went to pick up a tree. Last year we went just a week after Matthew was born. This year, we took Caleb and Matthew, and I walked in and said that we were looking for a tree less than $20 because that was all the cash I had. The nice PTO men said that was no problem and they showed me a few trees. Caleb and I finally decided on one, but I saw the price-tag: $45. Before I could say anything about the price, the PTO man ripped the price-tag off the tree, took my $20, and gave the tree to me. They then sawed the bottom off and secured it to my car. Talk about service!


This is "Maffew D" at the mall, in his stroller. He is such a happy little guy.


Caleb's other newest toy is "Sister Bear". Can you tell he's learning about gender, boy, girl, sister, brother? Last week, Caleb liked to carry Sister Bear around like a baby. :) This week, I'm not even sure where Sister Bear is.. or Baby Girl Jesus for that matter. :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: