Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Calebisms and christmas trees...

So, Caleb's latest announcement when he comes into a room, or up the stairs: "Here comes me!" (said in a sing-song voice..) Oh, to be so egotistical! :)

And, the other thing: tonight, we were decorating the christmas tree and we were putting up blue and silver balls on the tree. I picked up a silver ball and asked Caleb if he knew what color it was.. He thought about it, and after a second of deliberation, he said, "Me!"

His reflection was in the ball. Cute, huh!?

As it turns out, the tree is beautiful. Below are just some quick pictures of the whole process..

The finished product--but Caleb insisted upon NOT looking, and rather, was fascinated by his "Earthmovers" book, a new favorite from the library.


I'll have to explain this one: we were trying valiantly to balance the stupid tree in the tree-holder, and it kept tipping and rocking back and forth, even though we'd screwed the screws into the trunk really tightly... We finally figured out that some of Caleb's lego toys were just the right size to balance it out. So, we grabbed a few, and before we knew it, Caleb was running back and forth from his room to the tree in the living room, as fast as he could, saying, "Rescue! Rescue!" (as in, "Caleb to the Rescue!"), and he put all his legos in the tree stand. And, guess what? It doesn't tip. We covered up the base, and I hope that Caleb forgets about his toys that are stuffed down inside. We'll just have to distract him with the (meager) presents under the tree this year. :)


So these are a bit out of order, but this my mom and Caleb dragging the tree into the living room. Look how hard Caleb is working!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jenika said...

You know, the same happens at our house...Cade will fall in love with a stuffed toy...carry it around, give it love and a home, protect it. I think he has really made an attactment to something, then I realize that I haven't seen the thing in days. Funny. Our one-night stands have been a stuffed chicken, named "Cluck-cluck," a stuffed owl, named "Hoot," and several stuffed frogs. Never a bear, a doll, or something actually lovable. :)