Sunday, October 11, 2009

Great questions from a four year old.

Caleb and I have been talking about food. We eat it, it goes into our bellies, and then we poop it out. A few weeks ago, he, understanding that he came from my "belly" asked me if he came out of my bottom. (Great question, I thought). I took a deep breath and said,

"Nope. You came out of my vagina."

He said, "Mm. Bagina? Does daddy have one?"

I had to hide my laugh. But I said, "Nope...." and I went on to very briefly explain the male anatomy, and he absorbed it all and kept eating, then we began to talk about trucks and other things.

Well, today, we were revisiting that topic, and I thought we were done. I took them for a bike ride, and I'm huffing and puffing up a hill with them in the trailer.. and I can hear Caleb asking me something from the back, and it sounds like it's very important. So I get to the top, pull back the plastic covering, and ask,

"What are you saying, Bud?"

He said, "Am I born?" Very anti-climactic.

"Yes, bud, you were born 4 yrs ago."

"Am I born at that school?" (pointing across the street)

"Nope, bud, you were born in California."

Back down goes the plastic covering, and off we go.

He's also fascinated with the Eiffel Tower. He's seen my pictures from my trip there, and he's got a book that has a picture of it in his book. We also have a lampstand that's a mini-Eiffel Tower, and today, he asked me,

"Mom, where's the Eiffel Tower?"

"In Paris, France, half way around the world."

"Does Jesus live there?"

"Yep. And he lives here, too."

So, that was my day today. I thought they were great questions. :)

1 comment:

Elisha and Scott said...

I love your conversations with that little curious man of yours! Too cute! Bagina?