Friday, August 1, 2008

I finally decided to do it...

So, I finally decided to jump over the edge and keep a blog. This is a good way to keep in touch with family and friends--and post pictures, ramblings, things I'm learning, and best of all, stories of our cute baby boy and excited almost 3 yr old boy. I find that I have stories rolling around in my head, and I can even see them on the computer screen--but it's hard to find the time to actually write things down (whether typing or writing).. This way, I hope to share a little bit of our lives with our family and friends while recording the events that make up our lives.

John's downstairs, practicing his guitar, Caleb and Matthew are in bed, and I think I'm going to read a book. We've been traveling in and out all summer (pretty much enjoying our time off from school and celebrating our 5 yr anniversary all summer long!)--and tonight, I just feel like crashing. I worked today, and yesterday, and John's had a long week (which means long days with the boys for me), so I'm ready for bed. And it's only 8:30! (No, I am not pregnant.) :)

kak

PS The story behind the name is that a few weeks ago, there was a sunbeam on our kitchen floor, and every time Caleb was taking something to the sink, or getting something out of the fridge, he had to stop and jump over the sunbeam as it slowly moved its way across the floor. It was adorable! I love seeing the world through his eyes--who knew you could jump over sunbeams!? :)

5 comments:

Sarah said...

welcome to the blogging world, Kak!! I love the story about caleb jumping over the sunbeam. Absolutely precious!!!!! :)

katharine said...

Thanks!
Let's talk soon...
How was your trip to the Shore?

Patty said...

So glad you're blogging! You might inspire me to keep mine up, which I've not done for a while. I hope to blog as we travel, as I did last year.

Love the "Jumping over Sunbeams" story -- perfect blog title, too!

Unknown said...

Katharine -

One of the many things we love about you is your transparency. Your thoughts are precious to us as they are to the Lord!

And I love your title and the Caleb story that inspired it! Caleb's already an author and he doesn't even know it!

Love,
Tammy

frank said...

thanks for being so open and honest, Kak. Delightful