So, John and the boys and I had a wonderful weekend.
Friday night, John and I had creme brulee by candlelight in the diningroom. One thing I love about John is that he's elegant; he had crushed raspberries in a pretty design across the crispy top of the creme brulee. Then, we went outside and talked and had wine on the patio... It was good to just catch up with him and watch the stars. We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE our time out on our patio.. It's peaceful, and we are surrounded by pretty trees and have a great view of the stars. (Speaking of that, watch the stars this weekend--it's the great weekend for shooting stars..).
Then, on Saturday, we went to the Cincinnati Zoo! It was great! We saw giraffes and tigers and alligators and snakes and hippos... Most animals, according to Caleb, are either "Woofs" or "Moos". He'll get it all figured out one of these days. :) Then, we ate supper at the Cheesecake Factory, just because.
Sunday dawned bright and early (back in Dayton) and I got the boys ready for church. Church is outside in the summer time, so it means packing a small lawn chair (which Caleb insists he sits in..), a lawn blanket, toys, books, juice, etc. It also means that if I'm not looking, I get to chase Caleb, halfway down the side of the hill, with the baby in the other hand, because he's going to "SEE JOHN!"
And, Monday, I worked. Back to the grind.
6 comments:
Yay. Keep on writing!
YOU write! Your xanga has been blank since APRIL!
Nice blog Katharine -- I like the way you write!
love the descriptions of thy time with thy family!
Cute, Kak! No luck on the RSS, huh?
Sare--
I think (I could have misunderstood) that because I have my blog 'private' (as in, I've invited people), I can't do an RSS feed. That was my understanding when I asked Corey about that this past weekend.. :) And, I'm a little anal; I'd prefer to keep it private and thus post pics (when I actually get around to doing that) and stories without wondering who's going to read it.
Post a Comment